Standard Acrylic Desiccator Cabinets
The new and improved PL desiccators are designed to protect, store or assist in moving critical materials and to prevent contamination. These dust and moisture free enclosures safeguard valuable research specimens, sensitive parts, electronic components, calibration standards or precision mechanical assemblies. When a positive dry N2 gas flow is applied, the desiccators prevent moisture from reacting with stored items.
CLEAR acrylic enclosure allows for easy observation and locating your items;
AMBER colored cabinets block Ultraviolet Light but allow full visibility of interior;
BLACK cabinets protect specimens from light or are suited for confidentiality.
The acrylic desiccator cabinets are constructed of 1/4" thickness acrylic material, featuring easy-open doors and full visibility for the clear and amber models. Shelf supports strips are provided at 2" (51mm) intervals.
The Static Dissipative PVC models are constructed from ESD safe material (only available in clear). The dissipative PVC has a surface resistivity of only 105-108 Ohms Square with a surface potential of less than 15V. Decaying time is less than one second.
Features and benefits of the PL desiccators:
- Full length hinges
- Spring loaded sealing clamps for uniform tension
- Closed cellular sealing PVC gaskets with "Gasket Guard" for improved sealing
- All doors are reinforced to ensure flat sealing
- Each chamber has a hygrometer (RH) in the door
- All shelves with perforated slots to ensure optimum gas flow
- Each chamber is provided with two nylon gas nipples (1/8NPT with 1/4 hose barb fitting)
- Solid dividers for independent chambers
- Units are stackable with non-slip feet
- Available in clear, amber, and black
- All styles available in static dissapative PVC (clear only)
- Maximum 10lb load on shelves
- Additional shelves
- Interchangeable stainless steel shelves
- Flow meters and pressure relieve valves
- Controlled purge system